Sunday, February 19, 2012

BFA

I'm sitting in our library on a Sunday, feeling delighted that I actually have internet that works.  I've been trying to get caught up on my grad work which has taken a backseat since I have no internet at home currently, and the website I need for class doesn't work at school.  It's been beyond frustrating.  There aren't a lot of places here that have free internet, and I'm not comfortable going to one my friends' houses and being total antisocial because I need to use their internet.  So the library it is for right now.  I hope my professors will be understanding.

Yesterday my team played at Black Forest Academy near the Swiss and French borders.  It was a nice school, and very nice to not be on a base for a game.  It's a private, boarding school, and we played two good games, but lost both.  I'm so frustrated we can't make lay-ups.  Unfortunately, I don't think anyone ever taught them how important they are in the game of basketball.  It was a 7 hour bus ride there, then we spent the night, and got back at about 10pm last night.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep a lot while we were there, so I crashed when I got home last night.

I'm trying to get caught up on all my bill paying, unpacking, and class work because this week, we'll be at Europeans in Wiesbaden, and I'll be missing school for THREE days for this tournament.  I'm not excited about missing school, but I can't wait to see how this tournament is run!  Should be interesting.  Not sure I'll coach again next year, though, because there's just too much drama and unimportant stuff to deal with here.

Softball starts March 5th, so that will add another element of fun for the spring, and I'm sure there will be drama with that as well.  My iPad's home button is broken, which is a challenge, and I want to mail it home to get fixed, but I think I finally found a way to make it work even though the button doesn't work.  At least til I can get to Frankfurt and an Apple store.

My apartment is coming along nicely, even though I don't have a lot of stuff in there.  I just need to get internet set up and then I should be able to function much better all around.  My stove/oven doesn't work, but my landlord said he'll get that fixed.  The problem with getting anything done over here is that people don't work past 5pm (sometimes 4pm), and obviously, I'm never done working by that time, and I HATE taking time off.  I'm a little homesick now and then, but I think that's normal.  My friends here have been wonderful, but I miss my mom, siblings, and nieces and nephews; and of course, my friends at home.

[caption id="attachment_192" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="River next to BFA; campus is to the left of the river"][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_193" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="BFA"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_194" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="We played two games at this boarding school."][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment